I love talking to people of all ages about writing, the writing process and the inspiration behind my words. Over the years, I have spoken to church groups, community organizations, classrooms, libraries and at writer’s conferences. I can tailor my message for a practical, educational or inspirational approach depending on your needs and the age group you have in mind.
Practical Topics–appropriate for writers and writer’s groups
- Query Letters and the Submission Process
- Agent Search–Do I need one, and how do I get them to notice me?
- Editor Search–Who’s right for my writing and how do I find them?
- Navigating the Publishing Industry: the difference between self, indie and big traditional publishing
- Juvenile Lit Unveiled–age groups, word counts, genres and more
Educational Topics–appropriate for classroom work or writer’s groups
- Breaking Through Writer’s Block
- Editing with Style
- Characterization and Motivation
- The Art of Short Story Writing
- Filling in Plot Holes
- Strong vs Weak–how word choice impacts meaning
Inspirational Topics–appropriate for classroom work, writer’s groups or community organizations
- Where Do Ideas Come From?
- How Experiences Inspire
- Personal Choice and the Destinies that Follow
- Writing to Make a Difference: the purpose behind our words
Combined: I have combined several topics to create a complete overview of the writing life and the passions behind it. This is highly conducive to community group presentations.
If you’re interested in having me present for your group, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss details.